Clean Jordan Lake is a registered 501(c)(3) organization and therefore your donation is tax deductible.
Our program goals in 2013 are to speed removal of trash from the shoreline and to raise public awareness of the problem.
How to Donate to the EagleCam Project
- Click the Donate button (on the right side of this page)
- Enter your donation amount and Log in to PayPal
- Click the “Add special Instructions to the seller”.under Purpose
- Type “EagleCam project” in the dropdown box
Here are the Corps’ needs: pan tilt zoom wifi enabled camera- $2000; batteries- $300; solar panel- $550; 6 months of DSL service- $360; and professional tree climbing service- $400.
Funds received in excess of needs will be used to support CJL’s activities shown below that remove trash from the shoreline habitat.
How your donations to CJL are used
- Purchase liability insurance (qualifies us for an official partnership with USACE that will increase our effectiveness): $1,200
- Purchase a used pontoon boat to speed ferrying of volunteers and trash during our cleanups and provide a presence on the lake: $15,000
- Produce a public service announcement about trash prevention for local TV outlets: $10,000
- Production of a short video documentary for social media outlets to explain how each rainfall event washes trash from the vast watershed via the Haw River and New Hope Creek into the coves and along the shoreline of the lake: $15,000
If you prefer to mail a contribution instead of using the DONATE button, please send your check either for the EagleCam Project or CJL to:
Clean Jordan Lake
P.O. Box 1447
Pittsboro, N.C. 27312